Hazy Eights Double NE IPA All-Grain Recipe Kit
New England IPAs have certainly gained traction as a mainstay of the craft beer scene. The hazy light color and massive amount of late-addition hops create a delicious beer oozing with hop flavor and aroma. Now, it’s time up up the ante, and this deck is stacked. Eight unique ingredients, just over eight percent ABV and bursting with massive flavors and aromas of tangerine, orange, pineapple, mango, slightly resinous pine and sweet hard candy makes Hazy Eights an unbeatable play.
- Style: Double NE IPA
- Fermentation Range: 64-74F
- Original Gravity: 1.078
- SRM: 4
- IBUs: 53
- ABV: 8.3%
- Aroma: Faint bready malt notes overshadowed by hop aromas of citrus, tropical fruit, pear and subdued resinous pine.
- Appearance: Medium to bright orange color with significant haziness. Tight bright white foam head with lasting stability.
- Flavor: Medium-low soft malt flavors of fresh multi-grain bread play a secondary role to huge hop and yeast derived flavors of orange, mango, pineapple. Moderate bitterness is well balanced by the slightly sweet malt flavors that linger upon swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium body with medium-high creaminess and mouthfeel. Very smooth and soft on the palate with a silky finish.