Fruit Bazooka NE IPA All-Grain Beer Recipe Kit
As you may have noticed, these days haze is all the craze in the IPA world. After many, many test batches we are proud to present our version of this juicy style – Fruit Bazooka NE IPA. Only mildly bitter, the hop charges in this recipe create a blast of in-your-face flavors ranging from ripe mango, orchard fruits, melon, lime and passion fruit to subtle pine and floral notes. Fruit Bazooka is perfectly hazy thanks to the use of flaked oats, wheat malt, massive dry hopping, and a relatively non-flocculant yeast strain. The name itself was suggested by a homebrewer who witnessed our first tasting notes, and as it implies, this beer is bursting with an intense payload of citrus and tropical fruitiness.
- Style: NE IPA
- Fermentation Range: 75-80F
- OG: 1.064
- SRM: 4
- IBUs: 50
- ABV: 6.7%
- Aroma:Prominent fruit aromas of ripe tropical fruits, citrus and pineapple. Clean pilsner malt character.
- Appearance:Light golden color with considerable haze. Firm white foam cap with good persistence.
- Flavor:Reminiscent of a tropical fruit salad. Mango, peach, passionfruit and pineapple flavors with low pine and floral notes. Low to moderate bitterness. Clean pilsner malt background flavor.
- Mouthfeel:Medium body with noticeable creaminess. Smooth, long, silky finish.
- Overall Impression:Very hop-forward, but relatively low bitterness for an IPA. A medley of fruit flavors dominates the beer, while the soft pilsner malt quietly sits in the background. Very easy drinking for an ale of such strength.